Windows is good advice for the consultants who support it (was: Re: Good advice! (was: Re: [Ti] Windows compatable))

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Tue Jan 17 20:34:11 PST 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 8:23 PM, Chris Olson wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2006, at 10:05 PM, Glenn L. Austin wrote:
>
>> Most people don't know that they have an alternative to Windows,
>> especially if they use Office.
>
> And to carry that one step further, most people don't care IF they
> have an alternative to Windows, no matter what software they use,
> because Windows works just fine for them.  I've lost count of the
> number of people I've shown the Mac, and they could care less
> because they just got a $399 complete Dell system that does
> everything they need to do with a computer.

Most Windows users figure that viruses, spyware, continual security
updates, and constant reboots are just the way things are on
computers, and that their problems are simply because they don't know
how to use a computer.

However I'll agree with you -- most people don't really care what
platform that they use, as long as it is something that they know.

And people complained about "single source" with Apple...and refused
to acknowledge that they had a single source in Microsoft, because it
was "Dell Microsoft," "Gateway Microsoft," or "Compaq Microsoft."

However, this still doesn't prevent me from trying to explain and
demonstrate to people that Macs are as powerful and significantly
easy to use -- and they don't have to worry about "the other shoe
dropping."

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver