Windows is good advice for the consultants who support it (was: Re: Good advice! (was: Re: [Ti] Windows compatable))

Glenn L. Austin glenn at austin-home.com
Tue Jan 17 22:15:23 PST 2006

On Jan 17, 2006, at 9:31 PM, Chris Olson wrote:

> On Jan 17, 2006, at 10:34 PM, Glenn L. Austin wrote:
>
>> Most Windows users figure that viruses, spyware, continual
>> security updates, and constant reboots are just the way things are
>> on computers, and that their problems are simply because they
>> don't know how to use a computer.
>
> The computer can be running 90 viruses and worm daemons and they
> don't know the difference as long as it runs.  They figure AOL or
> whoever their ISP is is protecting them from viruses and such.  If
> something goes wrong with it where it won't run anymore, they get
> some relative or friend who's a computer "expert" to come fix it
> for them.

I've actually heard multiple people in the last week or so say that
they were going to get new computers because the old one was so
infected with viruses and spyware.

I always encourage them to look at the Mac, where THAT IS NOT A
PROBLEM.  People are starting to listen...

--
Glenn L. Austin <><
Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver