[Ti] Disk Utility NOT repairing disk???????

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Wed Jan 18 01:22:54 PST 2006

Try booting off of the instal disc CD/DVD and using Disk utility from
there
See if you are still getting issues then.

Alex

On 18 Jan 2006, at 00:54, Mikael Byström wrote:

Robin Jackson said:

> On both my Powerbook and my daughters 12in Powerbook it doe snot
> matter how
> many times I run Disk Repair it ALWAYS finds problems.
>
> If I run it again straight away it STILL finds problems and yes I am
> pressing repair not detect.

It seems you mean repair permissions. Probably you mean that you get a
message every time that says  "we're using special permissions....".
This is normal and is no reason to run permissions again.
Permissions repair should always be done booted from the System you use
daily, so don't boot from a CD/DVD, unless it's the exact incremental
version as your System, i e 10.4.1 for example. The reason being that
permissions and their settings typically need to be updated in
incremental versions (as new files are added to the system and other
changes).

If you mean actual disk or file structure problems, it can be a good
idea
to repair while booted from CD/DVD though. This could solve problems
that
isn't repaired when booted from the system you're repairing.

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random
stuff: