[Ti] Suggestions for Replacement Hard Drive?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Jan 18 07:48:32 PST 2006

ATA means ’Advanced Technology Attachement' and is the serial
interface for internal hard drives used by Apple since they abandoned
SCSI many years ago.

I would suggest you navigate to Other World computing Laptop internal
Hard Drive replacement list:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/hard-drives/2.5-Notebook/

You will notice they are listed as IDE (Integrated Drive
Electronics). Don’t worry, this is the same as ATA. Pick out the one
that seems right to you. They are a very reliable source for all
things Macintosh. As you can see it is a very exhaustive list of
drives made by all the major manufacturers. They also list the size
of the drives and you should make sure the drive you get fits into
the space that your old drive occupied.

Good Luck

jg