[Ti] Disk Utility NOT repairing disk???????

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Thu Jan 19 08:03:55 PST 2006

Robin Jackson said:

>It was a permissions issue.
But what issues did you actually have? Can you be more vague, please? The
quality of your posts will reflect the quality of responses I'm afraid.
They were not then "we're using special permissions" then? So what were they?
>Which I could NOT fix while booted from my main drive.
>
>DID seem to work okay when booted from the CD.

That's not because permissions can't be fixed while booted from the main
drive, but because the correct permissions from the CD/DVD *are
different* from you main drive (unless you have the exact same
incremental version on both). What part of that did you not understand?

Are permissions OK now, if you run Disk Utility while booted from the
main drive? Did yo have other problems related to this one?

And WHY do you keep a digest subject? Just because you subscribe to the
digest don't give you reason to break the proper subject.