Personal experience (was: Re: Good advice! (was: Re: [Ti] Windows compatable))

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Thu Jan 19 08:19:57 PST 2006

Chris Olson said:

>I my opinion Mac OS has a better overall graphical interface design,
>better integration of application suite components, and a superior
>user experience.  I like OS X just as much as you do, except I
>realize OS X is far from flawless.  It's merely an alternative - a
>choice you make to be different.  Whether or not that choice is
>"better" or more "reliable" depends on the individual.
Right.

>But for business and enterprise deployment reliability Windows is still the
>hands down winner
Compared to Linux as well? I don't agree. OS X is as good as Linux,
except the Linux kernel seems to be much faster. I find Linux to be much
more reliable than Windows Server 2003. Uptime is hardly the only metric.
For example, I think Linux and most other Unixen is much more flexible
than Windows Server 2003.
The choice of Unixen or Windows as server operative seems to be made for
cultural reasons too.

Can you point to some minimally biased authoritative reports that
positions with you on this subject? That Windows is the hands down winner
for  business and enterprise deployment reliability worldwide?