[Ti] Old G3 Black Heavy

David Ferleger david at ferleger.com
Thu Jan 19 10:59:11 PST 2006

Hi all.
I have an old black heavy Powerbook G3 Series (14.1 TFT, 64 MB RAM, 1
GB Harddrive), in addition to my 17" Ti PB.
Zip Drive, 3" floppy, ethernet, and what I think was called the SCZI?
interface too.  (This may be the Lombard version?)

5 questions:

1. Will any brand of Mac OS X run on this G3? Since there is no CD
drive, can it be installed via Ethernet?

2. Where can I get a powercord (those black box things with the cord
coming from it). Ebay? Or anyone here offer/sell/give me one?

3. What good use can this be in today's world with 1 GB HD and 64 RAM?

4. Can the RAM still be upgraded to more?

5. Can this be used as external Something-or-other to my 17"?

David
david at ferleger.com