[Ti] panic - 10.4.4?

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sat Jan 21 20:17:24 PST 2006

Overnight, my 1.25 Al-book is running the daily backup to my FW800 disk.
I turn the screen brightness down (off).

Since upgrading to 10.4.4 (day of issue) I have had quite a few cases
now where the screen brightness is not responsive, and the computer
is blocked.

This morning, it happened, and I captured the Report, which says:

		panic(cpu 0 caller 0x0003FEA8): zalloc: "kalloc.64" (3786560
elements) retry fail 3

Of course, that statement means nothing to me.

I also saw:

  com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIReducedBlockCommandsDevice(1.4.4)@0x2eafc000
             dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily
(1.4.4)@0x584000
             dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(1.5)@0x49f000
          com.faronics.driver.DFXDriver(2.0.48)@0x7ef000
             dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(1.5)@0x49f000
          com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily(1.5)@0x49f000

all of which seem to relate to input and output.

Does anyone have any idea if this PANIC s due to anything I am doing?

It is rather inconvenient that about every other morning, the
computer is blocked..........

has anyone else noticed anything like this?

regards,  Trevor