[Ti] Re: Disk Utility NOT repairing disk??????? (OT)

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Tue Jan 24 16:28:26 PST 2006

Glenn L. Austin said:

>Just so that people know, when you are booted from the installation
>CD/DVS and are checking permissions on a drive, the permissions used
>are those from the drive, not from the CD.
>
>The same is true if you check a second boot drive on a machine.

Interestingly enough, the terminal command fs_usage on the DiskManagement
process while having another book connected via firewire seems to verify
this information. I stand corrected. Thanks.
Are you aware if this was the case also with earlier versions of OS X?
Like in Jaguar and the original Panther?