[Ti] Re: Disk Utility NOT repairing disk??????? (OT)

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Wed Jan 25 02:03:19 PST 2006

Glenn L. Austin said:

>> Interestingly enough, the terminal command fs_usage on the
>> DiskManagement
>> process while having another book connected via firewire seems to
>> verify
>> this information. I stand corrected. Thanks.
>> Are you aware if this was the case also with earlier versions of OS X?
>> Like in Jaguar and the original Panther?
>
>I believe it has always been this way, at least as long as you've
>been able to Repair Permissions.  It looks for the /Library/Receipts
>folder on the target disk and if it doesn't find it, you can't repair
>permissions on that disk.

Indeed you get the "package not found" message in that situation. Funny
thing I was turned over to this belief on another mailing list in 2003.
The web is full of references to this truth as well. I must check in
Jaguar at my server when I service it next time. My 10.1 discs I don't
even know where they are.