[Ti] another panic

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Wed Jan 25 12:40:49 PST 2006

I was just dragging an XLS in to a Mail document, and I got another
kernel panic.

This seems a perfectly standard operation, so I wonder it caused a
panic?

regards,  Trevor

On 25 Jan 2006, at 02:08, Kynan Shook wrote:

> Well, it does seem likely that something in the backup could be
> causing problems; obviously, make sure you are using the very
> latest version of your backup software.  Some people have also
> found that installing the Combo OS updaters over the newest version
> will sometimes resolve problems seen after installing the Delta
> installer.  You might try using a different drive.  Especially, if
> it's possible, something on a different interface.  Changing to
> Firewire 400 might be enough to stop it, or you could see if a USB
> 2.0 drive has the same problems.  Or, just downgrade to
> 10.4.3.  ;-)  Of course, you might want to run DiskWarrior on both
> drives (or at least Disk Utility), and repair permissions too.
>
> You can find the 10.4.4 Combo installer here:
> http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macosxupdate1044combo.html

Kynan - I always use the Combo updaters, anyway.  I have the latest
Retrospect version and drivers.  Permissions are repaired very
regularly (Cocktail).

I have not had any similar problem (panic during overnight backup)
since my post, but yesterday, I was just working in my office,
actually not even typing or anything , and there was a kernel panic.....

So I think there is SOMETHING not quite right, but it is not a big
problem.  Juts an observation, that I thought worth posting.

regards,  Trevor