[Ti] Airport card is not detecting networks

Chris Reinhart creinhart at creativebubble.com
Thu Jan 26 06:18:35 PST 2006

On Jan 22, 2006, at 8:39 AM, White Oak Art wrote:

> I have a Powerbook Ti667. For the last 4 years, it has worked
> beautifully.
> It has the original airport card installed. A week ago, it suddenly
> stopped
> detecting networks. It shows up and I can turn it on and off. The
> network
> utility and profiler say it's working just fine. However, it
> refuses to
> detect a signal.
>
> Any thoughts?

My TI 800 did this a while back.  I tried the airport card in another
machine and got the same result, so I ended up replacing the airport
card.
Luckily a co-worker had an old TI and sold me the airport card @ a
reasonable rate.  Since apple does not make them anymore, you find
them on ebay for 120 bucks or so.  Compared to the $75 that apple
sold them for.

Chris