[Ti] [OT] cool Apple profile...

John simplymail at ururk.com
Thu Jan 26 18:11:20 PST 2006

http://www.apple.com/education/profiles/michigan_math/

No, that ISN'T me. But I attended a discussion by their team on how
they set the whole thing up, etc.. and it was very informative from
an IT point of view. I'm not too sure how Windows NetBoot works (if
it's similar), but I don't think this was possible under OS 9.

The nice thing (for the Math dept obviously) is that Mathematica and
Matlab are both "native" in OS X, and octave works just as well in
the Terminal. Not too sure what other apps they use.

I know, this is a feel-good-mac story, but I think it's good to point
out the positive things that are happening.

John