[Ti] verifying permission freezes

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sun Jan 29 01:15:35 PST 2006

28 jan 2006 kl. 18.21 skrev Kynan Shook:
> .Otherwise, I'd assume it's software.  One specific thing I've
> heard of recently is that if you have the latest version of iTunes
> 6.0.2 and are running 10.3.9, Disk Utility can hang.  One
> "solution" is to delete every .pkg file with iTunes in the name
> from /Library/Receipts except for iTunesX.pkg and
> iTunesPhoneDriver.pkg.
----------
I have given the following answer on this list for problem repairing
permissions. I don't really understand why one can't assume it is the
same problem in both cases. Tim, who started this link has not
however told us what OS version he is running, so maybe the solution
doesn't apply to him, but why not remove iTunes 6.0.2 and run Disk
Utility after that. If Disk Utilities then run correctly Tim can stop
worring about the HD condition as an immediate risk problem.

>> You may have got the problem which occured for quite some people
>> using Apple's program update where iTunes 6.0.2 didn't seem to sit
>> quite well with just OS 10.3.x. DigiDesign installed in the Mac or at
>> least been installed and not correctly uninstalled seems to cause the
>> problem for some.
>>
>> Solution suggested seems to be to return to iTunes 6.0.1, but I have
>> installed the program update successfully on an Albook, with a very
>> clean 10.3.9 system so it seems it is some third party install which
>> causes the trouble.
>>
>> Do a Google search for: _"iTunes 6.0.2" 10.3 "Disk Utility"_
>> (everyting between the _  _) if the links below don't get you a
>> solution for your trouble,
>>
>> <http://www.versiontracker.com/php/feedback/article.php?
>> story=20060111213618564#comments>
>> Tiny URL as alternative: <http://tinyurl.com/bbs9w>
>>
>> <http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?
>> story=20060117071706999&query=iTunes+6.0.2+10.3+Disk+Utility>
>> Tiny URL as alternative: <http://tinyurl.com/7ka3j>

Lisbeth i Göteborg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)