[Ti] Replacement Power Block for Ti400

Jeffrey K. Lew jklew at ucla.edu
Mon Jan 30 13:56:18 PST 2006

On Jan 30, 2006, at 05:17, Tarik Bilgin wrote:

> Listies,
>
> I did a rather foolish thing. As I was moving house I threw away my
> faulty UFO design power supply for my Ti400, on the basis that I am
> going to get a new one.
>
> I didn't even look at the voltage/power rating before I binned the
> thing...
>
> I now need a replacement power supply, but I noticed that the power
> supply on my Al1.67 doesn't have a compatible connector for my Ti.
> Does this mean Apple have changed the power rating? Or just the
> connector?

I use the same white Apple PowerBook AC adapter for both my Al 1.67
and Ti 400 -- they're the same connector, and the electrical ratings
are compatible. The only difference between the connectors for the
newer white blocks and the older UFO adapters is that the newer one
has a charging indicator LED inside. This LED functions correctly
with the Ti 400 (orange for charging, green for charged).

Jeff Lew
UCLA Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences