[Ti] Replacing CD drive in TI 500

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Thu Jul 6 01:16:57 PDT 2006

6 jul 2006 kl. 00.32 skrev Murray Kastner:
> Replace a bum CD drive.
-----------
Shouldn't look any different than my Ti 400, which I swapped with no
problem. As usual when we amateurs doing things, time and carefulness
is important.

Open
Look and look again
Make notes of where each screw and rubber or plastic holdings sits.
Place it on a sheet of paper with a rough drawing so that you put it
back together exactly the same. Cant remember if the screws on the CD
had any different length but just in case, allways the same screw in
the same hole and you be perfectly alright doing it yourself.

The only thing I heard anybody having problem with (apart from what
you already been told) is to make certain that the replacement ends
up correctly with the slit in the front Ti, so that the CDs can get
out again without getting cought by some tiny piece of the frame.
Thats why I emphazised that you be careful with the rubber holdings
(Sorry I don't know any english for that tecnical stuff. Grommets
come to mind but not certain. :-))

Go right ahead, take your time and be pleased with yourself afterwards.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)