[Ti] A story of 500MHZ G4 Firewire port woes

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Thu Jul 13 07:43:23 PDT 2006

12 jul 2006 kl. 14.06 skrev Bob Fowles:
> I don't really know what casued the FW port on both PBs to fail,
> but I suspect a bad cable. I used the PB in two locations with two
> different FW cables. In location 1, the drive and cable had been
> used many times. In location 2, the same drive and a different
> cable were in use when the FW port on both PBs failed. Needless to
> say I no longer use the location 2 cable. I should also add that in
> all cases of using the FW port, I always powered the drive by the
> port and did not use an external ac/dc adapter.
I'm sorry about your fried ports. We had this up on this list in Sep
or Oct of 2003 and I think you may find some confirmation about the
cable condition in the archives from that time. But we may have new
users of second hand TiBooks on this list now, so it could be helpful
to them to know about this. And possibly a reminder to the rest of us
to keep being careful. :-)

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)