[Ti] Ti Airport Problems

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Sat Jun 17 06:16:52 PDT 2006

on 06/06/16 17:31, DBLearn at david at 4saleexpress.com wrote:

> Thanks for the info. I have now tried a new account and removed and
> re-seated the airport card. I still get the error message about
> joined the selected network. I have also tried as per Apple
> discussions to put in the network name and take off of automatic. 3
> Powerbooks and 4 iBooks and now a MacBook and I have never had an
> Airport Card fail. Has anyone had one fail or come across this
> problem? Thanks

I have had an airport card fail.  It drove me crazy for 6 months.  It was
intermittent; sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't, for minutes at a
time.  But swapping the airport card with one in an old Powerbook confirmed
it; the problem went to the Powerbook.

The bad news is that it was an old "original" airport card (the big ones)
that Apple does not make any more.  Apparently, these have a shorter
lifetime than computers and base stations, because a used one will cost you
$150 or so.   They were only $99 when they were new!!