[Ti] Comparison of Titanium and WallStreet LCD displays

ppd ppd at spin.net.au
Wed Jun 21 16:59:54 PDT 2006

Greetings all.

I am wondering if I could get your thoughts about the relative brightness
of the LCD displays of the Titanium and WallStreet PowerBooks. I have
owned a 233 Mhz WallStreet for a few years now (one of the later
revisions with an active matrix display). I recently acquired (on loan
only) a 400 Mhz Titanium PowerBook which I am thinking of purchasing. I
have noticed that the display of the WallStreet is brighter than the
Titanium PowerBook. This appears to be the case no matter what
brightness, gamma, monitor calibration settings I seem to use. The
Titanium PowerBook display is by no means unsatisfactory, but it is
darker. I do not have access to any other WallStreet or Titanium model,
so I cannot compare to others.

Is it a known issue that the Titanium displays are slightly darker / less
bright than the WallStreet displays, or is it just the particular units
that I have ?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul