[Ti] Cross-platform a flash drive?

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sun Mar 12 05:52:27 PST 2006

On 11 Mar 2006, at 04:52, Chris Olson wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2006, at 3:21 PM, FWPHOTO wrote:
>
>> Should it be formatted for the Win machine? I'm assuming the flash
>> drive needs to be formatted, right?
>
> The ones I've seen come formatted FAT32.  It'll work on Mac or PC.
> If you want, you can format it HFS+ with Disk Utility, however then
> it won't work on a PC.  Or you can format it NTFS on Windows, then
> it won't work (it'll be read-only) on Mac.

I think this formatting was the source of some problems in my early
experience with my  USB/flash-disk in a mixed environment.

I formatted it FAT32 on a PC, and then it works fine everywhere.

Office documents since 1997 are supposed to be compatible across the
platforms.
I have no problems of incompatibility.

I regularly exchange all kinds of documents from PC/Mac/PC using my
flash disk.
Now, it is seamless / transparent.

regards,  Trevor