[Ti] powerbook crashing

alexandre mac.k at a2k.ch
Mon Mar 20 05:28:58 PST 2006

hi all

i've been having problems with my powerbook lately.

last month, my hard drive crashed. i replaced the original 80gb/4'800
with a 100gb/7200. symptoms prior to the death of the drive (AND
prior to smart-reporter reporting anything) were strange noises
coming from the drive, the whole computer would lock up and the hd
would spin into overdrive. force-quit was not possible and re-booting
was the only option.

…so i switched the drive and everything has been well until… last
week. everyday now (4 days in a row) i get a kernel panic.

when i open console, i read this: "SuperLunchTray crashdump[233]:
wrapper crashed"

what's going on? any ideas?

i've been through a number of procedures… disk utility, safe boot,
single user mode…

i'm very surprised (to say the least…) since my last crash in os x
goes back to something like march 2001(os 10.0.1…)

regards

alexandre
:: 17" 1.5ghz powerbook / 1.5gb / 100gb at 7200 / X.4.5 ::