[Ti] Hinge Winge and my remedy

Thomas Bulat tombulat at comcast.net
Wed May 3 18:15:33 PDT 2006

>Not sure who on the list suggested Radtech's hinge kit for tibooks as a
>possible answer to fixing the sticky hinge that caused the connection
>point between my tibook's screen and the case to snap but using their
>hinge tool and special spanner and special lubricant, I got the hinge
>loose, adjusted the proper height on the screen/laptop when closed and
>also managed to then glue/epoxy the protruding aka broken alloy portion
>of the hinge back in side the LCD screen.
>
>YEAH !!
>So while not entirely "healthy" my tibook is back to being normal with
>no protruding or wavering LCD.
>I am still going to fashion a little aluminum brace and epoxy it to my
>tibook but things seem to be holding fine.

Hi anyone else needing this solution.
I used this in a similar successful way, but now no longer have a
TiBook. I came accross
it in my desk and therefore have available the RAD Tech Kit including
Hinge Tool, Grease and Wrenches, and Instructions,

And am making it available to anyone who wants it for $15 shipped.

Let me know, and so long for now, TOM