[Ti] iphoto issue

Scott Mckinley smckinley at zcs.k12.in.us
Fri May 5 05:36:51 PDT 2006

I am having a problem when I import pictures into iPhoto.  For some
reason, I do not get a prompt that asks if I want to import duplicates
or not.  So every time I import photos, I have to go through and delete
the duplicates.  Does anyone know who to fix this?

Thanks,
Scott

>>> tam at em.ca 05/03/06 6:16 PM >>>

Just thought I should post a followup for the future health of some
powerbooks might "hinge" on this information :-)

Not sure who on the list suggested Radtech's hinge kit for tibooks as a
possible answer to fixing the sticky hinge that caused the connection
point between my tibook's screen and the case to snap but using their
hinge tool and special spanner and special lubricant, I got the hinge
loose, adjusted the proper height on the screen/laptop when closed and
also managed to then glue/epoxy the protruding aka broken alloy portion
of the hinge back in side the LCD screen.

YEAH !!
So while not entirely "healthy" my tibook is back to being normal with
no protruding or wavering LCD.
I am still going to fashion a little aluminum brace and epoxy it to my
tibook but things seem to be holding fine.

I don't know if the newer macbooks have problems with hinges but I do
know I wish I had bought this little kit and the special spacer pads
for my tibook when I first got my tibook.  This would have prevented my
hinge problems as well as save my screen from being messed up by the
keyboard.
Of course Apple won't suggest such things because its an admission
things are not quite right, however, I will keep my eye out for any of
Radtech's kits for future apple laptops.

regards,
t. molnar