[Ti] Macbook pro version 2...

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Mon May 8 04:31:36 PDT 2006

On May 8, 2006, at 12:04 AM, Alan Vonderhaar wrote:

>> Anything with a Core Duo can double as a portable camp stove.
>> --Chris
> Nonsense. My core duo runs cooler than either my 15" Ti or 17" Al.

You might *think* it runs cool if the thermal conductivity system
(heat pipes and sink) is working correctly.  Referring to my master
cpu chart, the Core Duo runs at a core temp of 90°C, or 1.54x that of
a dual core PowerPC G5 who's max core temp is 58°C, and 2.04x that of
a G4/7447A who's max core temp is 44°C.

"Power per watt" really means the ability to fry more eggs and bacon
on the same power consumption.

The GPU in the PowerBook runs approx 2x as hot as the G4 CPU.
--
Chris