[Ti] Macbook pro version 2...

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Mon May 8 18:01:34 PDT 2006

On May 8, 2006, at 6:28 PM, Ardeshir Mehta wrote:

> But does it matter at what core temperature a computer runs,
> provided the user doesn't have to touch the core (or fry eggs on it)?

It does, because it directly affects battery life.  All that heat has
to be generated by current flow, and guess where that comes from when
the power adapter isn't plugged into the wall socket?

OTOH I must say I'm very happy with the battery life in my G4/1.67 Al
Book - I get (usually) ~5.5 hours of normal continuous use.  A little
less than 4 hours watching DVD's.  One of our sales staff got a
MacBook Pro 15" w/1.83 Core Duo.  She gets ~4 hours of battery life
with hers under normal use (email, web, misc - no heavy work), and it
does get *very* hot although the fan doesn't seem to run much.  It
runs so hot that the the heat is noticeable on the top of the machine
by the left side of the keyboard.
--
Chris