[Ti] Power Supply

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Fri May 12 06:39:06 PDT 2006

On 12 May 2006, at 02:33, Chris Olson wrote:

> The battery life in the 1.67 Ghz models introduced last October
> (the ones with the high-res screen at 114 ppi) was boosted
> considerably over its predecessors.

Chris - is this battery life improvement due to batteries with better
storage capacity, to better energy management in the Powerbook, or a
combination of the two?
I am assuming that at least the batteries are better, but is it more
than that?

I assume that my Al-book/1st edition September 2003 battery (already
replaced once, but getting weak now, max 1h30) could be replaced by
the newer batteries.
I did read that 3rd party batteries were also available with greater
capacity.

Has anyone got first-hand experience of these 3rd party batteries?

regards,  Trevor