[Ti] encoding video

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Fri May 19 10:37:33 PDT 2006

On 19 May 2006, at 15:16, Chris Olson wrote:

> On May 19, 2006, at 5:33 AM, Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:
> I record to raw DV which takes 13 GB/hr of space

Chris - EyeTV only gives me the option of MPEG-1 recording at 1.1 Gb/
h (or lower quality)

> when recording (with AlchemyTV),

Did you really mean 13Gb/h in Alchemy TV?
I guess that means that Alchemy TV is a higher-spec alternative to my
consumer EyeTV ?!
If you meant 1.3 Gb/h, then there may be an observable but not huge
difference.

> then encode the video to the iPod format - H.264.  (MPEG-4 Part 10)

I discover that this exact option is available in EyeTV.

I guess I did not really what is was and how good it would be.  I
will use that now.

I assume that the resultant  files will also open in QT.

Thanks, as usual !!

regards,  Trevor