[Ti] re: Software and Battery Life

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Sat May 20 02:05:00 PDT 2006

On 19 May 2006, at 06:52, Da Pen wrote:

> I wasn't looking for OS 8 or 9 and am not
> looking for brand new software (read: $$expensive$$).
> I'm looking for original software to run in OS 8/9.  I
> find the occasional offering on ebay, but not much
> useful to me.  Lots of educational stuff for many who
> are more youthful than myself.

Hi Dave.

So you are looking for software able to run in OS 9/ Classic
environment? What kind of software specifically?

OS 9 Software is becoming hard to find these days. The best place I
can suggest is scouring ebay, or visiting companies who might be
upgrading/clearing out their old equipment. There is a computer fair
in London where I sometimes see old Mac software on sale for a few
pounds. There might be similar fairs near you.

Since software travels easily, you could buy from just about anywhere
in the world. Although the wealthy  nations have all moved to OS X,
you might find a bigger stock of OS 9 software from poorer countries
who are still in the process of upgrading.

The million dollar question really is -- specifically which software
do you want? And did you see the price of a Mac Mini?

--
Tarik