[Ti] OT: ADSL in Europe

David DelMonte ddelmonte at mac.com
Thu May 25 03:22:58 PDT 2006

Hi Chris, thanks for the message. I'm not far away from you - I'm on
Skopelos! In fact, I will likely be in Thessaloniki in a couple of
weeks.

You're right about OTE.

Anyway, I have a Speedtouch 536 modem. It is the PSTN version as I'm
using it on a PSTN line.

The splitter is a Speedtouch ADSL over POTS splitter. I am sure I
have set the phones to tone dial.

FWIW, I have connected one phone to my US Vonage router - connected
to the ADSL line (I hope no one from  OTE is monitoring this group),
and I have no problems receiving or sending calls to the US and UK
through Vonage VoIP.

However, I get nowhere with the local telephone. just a static hum.

So I don't use ISDN, and I'm thinking that there may be a phone
standard that my old (4 yr) phone doesn't meet to work on DSL.

Anyone anywhere had similar problems on DSL splitting.

David