[Ti] Ti running hot

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Sun May 28 10:58:12 PDT 2006

Henry Kalir <kalirhe at umdnj.edu> writes:
> I do believe this subject came up a while ago, but what are the
> possible
> reasons my Ti  (1 GHz, 10.3.9; 1 GB RAM, 60 GB HD) would appear to be
> running much hotter lately? And - short of pouring cold water on it -
> what can one do to help it cool down?

Open activity monitor, see if your CPU is being used heavily by
anything.  The more it is used, the more heat it will produce.
Sometimes, a process will get stuck in a loop, and just burn up lots
of power.  If it's a system process that is launched at startup, it
would certainly seem to always be running hot.  Of course, you can
always try just rebooting, too.
HTH