[Ti] Exchange Account - from MAIL 2.0.7

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Mon May 29 11:00:38 PDT 2006

On 10 May 2006, at 15:44, Dr Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> As I understand it, 8080 is currently the ONLY port open to the
> outside world....... so that seems consistent with what you state
> above.
> Is there any security risk for hte College if they open port 143 ?

Do you mean for incoming or outgoing?

You need outgoing access on port 143 to connect to an IMAP server.
Whether that is a security risk is entirely up to the security policy
of your organisation. Security managers have a tendency
(understandably) to only allow known or sanctioned traffic across
their networks, so it might be worth having a conversation with the
security manager about IMAP use policy.

--
Tarik