[Ti] bad firewire port on TiBook

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Mon May 29 21:51:07 PDT 2006

On May 29, 2006, at 7:52 AM, Bob Fowles wrote:

> I ordered a 2-Port FireWire 400 PCMCIA Card from OWC. I haven't
> received it yet and am wondering if anyone has tried this solution.

I have an Alchemy PC Card with 2 Firewire 800 slots and one Firewire
400 slot that I use in my old Ti 400 Mhz to hook to my Mercury Elite
FW RAID setup.  Works fine.  I also use that same card in my Al Book
1.67 Ghz, and while I've never actually benchmarked it, it seems
faster than the built-in FW 800 port on the Al Book.

I don't know about the OWC card, but I plugged the Alchemy card in to
the card slot and it "just worked".
--
Chris