[Ti] Wireless/National/Email/Internet/Ti/Macbook

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Tue May 30 16:50:37 PDT 2006

To answer both of your questions, I would also suggest looking into
Bluetooth phones.  If you go with Cingular (as I did just about a
week ago), you can get unlimited data service added to a phone for
only $20/month.  Getting a PC card from them and unlimited data is
$60/month at the moment.  Granted, if you already have a cell phone
contract with somebody else, that won't help you - the $20/month
assumes you already have a cell phone plan with them.  However, it's
an inexpensive option compared to PC Cards.

If you'll be using it frequently, just make sure you check that your
phone has all the capabilities that you need, especially speed-wise.
For example, not all Cingular phones support Edge; mine only does
GPRS, which isn't much faster than a modem.  However, since I don't
use it for data very often, that's not a big deal to me.