[Ti] Help with Help

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed May 31 06:41:43 PDT 2006

On May 31, 2006, at 8:20 AM, Da Pen wrote:

> Does anyone know where to find the help files or what
> to do with this problem?  We have lost use of the Help
> functions in ALL programs.

Sometimes the preferences get corrupted. Try creating a new user and
see if Help works there. If so, you likely have a problem with your
prefs files. Otherwise, you've lost some system functionality and may
have to search futher or do an archive install.

To clear the corrupt prefs files, delete:

com.apple.help.plist
com.apple.helpviewer.plist

from your Library directory. They will be recreated when you next
launch help.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com