[Ti] Unusual Keyboard

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Thu Nov 9 16:03:20 PST 2006

on 06/11/09 18:21, Ettenberg Frank at frank.ettenberg at chello.at wrote:

> Hello Readers/Titanusers,  I am flummoxed regarding my keyboard
> because on my 15", 1.67 ghz PB g4, this keyboard doesn't
> have the locking screw & the usual sustaining tabs visible anywhere.
> Any experience you have regarding this would naturally be
> appreciated, since, at the moment I can't see how to take out the
> keyboard.    thx in advance...Frank E

Bad news for you.

Apparently, you have an Aluminum powerbook.  The "locking screw and usual
sustaining tabs" are only on the old Titanium models.  Removing the keyboard
on an Alumnimun powerbook is much more difficult.  I believe you have to
take most of the stupid thing apart.  It does not simply pop off the top as
in the old Titanium models.  Also, if you're thinking of replacing it, as
you probably are, more bad news: The Alumninum and Titanium powerbook
keyboards are different models, not interchangeable.