[Ti] re: Unusual Keyboard

Ettenberg Frank frank.ettenberg at chello.at
Mon Nov 13 15:18:48 PST 2006

Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 19:03:20 -0500
From: Jerry Krinock <jerry at ieee.org>
Subject: Re: [Ti] Unusual Keyboard
To: "A place to discuss Apple's Titanium computers."
	<titanium at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>

on 06/11/09 18:21, Ettenberg Frank at frank.ettenberg at chello.at wrote:

> Hello Readers/Titanusers,  I am flummoxed regarding my keyboard
> because on my 15", 1.67 ghz PB g4, this keyboard doesn't
> have the locking screw & the usual sustaining tabs visible anywhere.
> Any experience you have regarding this would naturally be
> appreciated, since, at the moment I can't see how to take out the
> keyboard.    thx in advance...Frank E

<Bad news for you.

Apparently, you have an Aluminum powerbook.  The "locking screw and
usual
sustaining tabs" are only on the old Titanium models.  Removing the
keyboard
on an Alumnimun powerbook is much more difficult.  I believe you have to
take most of the stupid thing apart.  It does not simply pop off the
top as
in the old Titanium models.  Also, if you're thinking of replacing
it, as
you probably are, more bad news: The Alumninum and Titanium powerbook
keyboards are different models, not interchangeable.>

Thank you, Jerry and you others who've responded,  Yes I am now clear
that the keyboard
of my Titanium Powerbook is screwed to the outer hull of the unit.
Lucky for me I don't
need to replace the keyboard; I simply want to clean it, with
something like compressed air
to get the particles out from under the keys.  If you have any
suggestions about facilitating a
'proper' cleaning-without having to detatch the keyboard- I would be
much obliged....
Frank E.