[Ti] USB ADvice

renaissance at charter.net renaissance at charter.net
Mon Nov 20 12:57:54 PST 2006

Actually if you arent necessarily tied to using apple's "airport" card, there are a wealth of options available (and less costly)

I'm using a BuffaloTech G54 Airstation card ($40) which my 867 tibook recognizes as an airport extreme card, wife is using a Dell 1300 B/G card which also is recognized as an airport extreme card.

any card which uses the "broadcomm" chipset will be recognized by your powerbook as an airport card

otherwise, for "atheros" based cards (Netgear, linksys, and others)

http://www.orangeware.com/endusers/wirelessformac.html has a $15 driver which will support a great many 802.11G cards