[Ti] need new wireless router: what works best with Mac?

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Sat Nov 25 02:54:07 PST 2006

Can not more highly recommend the Netgear DG834N with WiMax
I have used several wireless routers from D-Link, Apple and Linksys
they all work however the Netgear beats them all hands down
its easy to set up and gives great reception for my Mac's and PC on
the same network running n and g mixed.

Lex

On 23 Nov 2006, at 14:42, Robert Ameeti wrote:

At 9:31 AM -0500, 11/23/06, Malcolm Hamilton wrote:

> I need a new wireless router.  I called a friend who suggested
> anything by Linksys, Belkin or Netgear... which isn't much of a
> help (too much choice).

Thank goodness he was right. If Macs didn't work well with all of
those, we'd have a problem every time we went to a place that had one
of those brands.

If you are asking for a personal preference, I guess I'd choose
Linksys since they are the most popular and thus if you have a
question, it will be most likely that you'll find someone who has
experience with the design of their interface.

They all do work quite well but the merely differ in their layout of
their 'wizards' to setting them up. But even then, they all often
work right out of the box (not that I'd recommend you leave them like
that though.)
--

Robert Ameeti

The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them.
            -- Samuel McChord Crothers, The Gentle Reader