[Ti] Re: best upgrade options?

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Sun Oct 1 01:59:23 PDT 2006

>> heindebruijne on 9/30/06 said
>>> TiBook 400 mHz  Now I got 10.4.8 coming with a new iMac 20"; I
>>> tried to upgrade from
>>> 10.3.9 to 10.4.8 but..
> 30 sep 2006 kl. 23.56 skrev John McGibney
> The iMac DVD will only install to the iMac.
---------
As John states the iMac DVD is för the iMac.
Maybe it is possible to pick file in parts and update your Tibook,
but I would _not_ advice even to _try_  that, for less than a very
advanced power users. :-)

You will have to invest in a proper OS 10.4 DVD and then download via
Internet the Comboupdate which takes you from the 10.4.x on the DVD
to the present 10.4.8.

If your Tibook has CD-burner instead of DVD drive you will have to
order a CD-set for 10.4 from Apple or you could possibly connect you
Tibook i T-mode to the iMac and run the install via iMacs DVD drive,
but note it should be a proper 10.4 install DVD not iMacs special
version.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum/> updat 050215
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)