[Ti] Mac is completely Down (Platinum Powerbook 1g mem)

RRSounds at aol.com RRSounds at aol.com
Sun Oct 1 03:23:32 PDT 2006

M_flynn:

As yet another happy Diskwarrior customer, I would add my encouragement.

Diskwarrior has gotten me out of myriad problems! If you can mount the drive
via another computer (per Barbara's instructions), try to get DW to rebuild
the drive's directory. This may very well fix things, such that you can then
boot up from the formerly uncooperative disk.

Good Luck, and let us know!

David Reaves

In a message dated Sat, 30 Sep 2006 17:50:26 -0700,"Barbara Needham" <
barbneed at mac.com> writes:

> <<
> m_flynn at comcast.net on 9/30/06 said
>
> >Can the OS be installed on an external drive? Maybe I could do that and
> >see if I could save some of the data?
>
> If you have another mac available [preferably in the hands of a mac
> knowledgable person] and can connect them by firewire.. turn yours off
> and leave the other one one. Connect the firewire. Turn your mac on while
> holding down the "T" key.
> Yours should turn "on" with a firewire symbol floating across the screen.
> Then look on the other computer and yours will appear on their desktop as
> a mounted volume.
> You can then transfer the files you want to the other computer. when you
> are done transferring all the files you want, remember to eject the
> virtual disk before disconnecting. Then turn off your computer. Then
> disconnect the firewire.
>
> After you are sure you have what you want [which should work, because you
> are NOT using your operating system.] then you can do all that running
> disk warrior. Of course if it doesn't work, you might as well run disk
> warrior anyway!
> --
> Barbara Needham

David P. Reaves, III
TransLanTech Sound, LLC
Creators of the Award-Winning "Ariane Stereo Audio Leveler"