[Ti] Re: best upgrade options?

Barbara Needham barbneed at mac.com
Sat Sep 30 14:56:01 PDT 2006

heindebruijne on 9/30/06 said

>Dear Lisbeth,
>
>Happy with my very same TiBook 400 mHz for, is it 5 years?, with
>10.3.9 and 1 Gig memory.
>Now I got 10.4.8 coming with a new iMac 20"; I tried to upgrade from
>10.3.9 to 10.4.8 but
>it did not work: how did you do it???
>Tell me, is the classic 9.2.2 partition interfering?
>I do like to upgrade, you know!

Best way is to copy your whole computer to external hard drive, do clean
install, and then copy back what you want. Connecting the external hard
drive to the new install [I forget if it is supposed to be by firewire or
usb] the new installation is supposed to ask what you want out of the old
one. Never did it, just heard it described.

Second best way is to archive and install but you need hard disk space to
do this.
--
Barbara Needham