[Ti] Hello G4 12 inch fans

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Tue Aug 7 23:39:56 PDT 2007

On 8 Aug 2007, at 03:55, boaz hagay wrote:

> I love this machine  ,
> But the fans ....
>
> In the beginning the fan  were  working  .. but now
> Summer Now  when is  getting hot  more then before .
> the first  5  min  no fans  sound  .. but later the fan works
> non stop  ...  until  it  go to sleep
>
> Any suggestion .. or  other  way  to cool the machine

My basic suggestions / approach:

1. use Cee Pee You (free from Unsanity.com) and Activity Monitor to
monitor your cpu use (where the heat comes from, basically)

2. Set Energy Saver to "better energy saving" (which reduces cpu
clock speed)

3. quit applications that you are not using / minimize the number
open / check that none are using too much cpu power
     (Word has been guilty a number of times, in my experience)

4. improve air flow to the Powerbook by raising the back edge 1 to 2
cm off the desk top (preferably with something metal to conduct some
heat away)

More sophisticated ways exist of reducing Powerbook temperature
through forced air / fan cooling, but that is $.

See if any of the above help, and report back.

regards,  Trevor