[Ti] PubSubAgent

Kim Gammelgård kgani at mac.com
Mon Dec 24 07:03:55 PST 2007

Okay, I think it makes a bit more sense now :-) This will only be a
guess, though, so it may not help you all the way.

The PubSubAgent is an application that checks RSS and Atom feeds
regularly. (open the Terminal and type "man pubsub" without the
quotes). I will almost bet that it is Safari or Mail that is trying to
update one of your feeds, but it could be any application that is
using the pubsub-utility.

The reason why it is giving the error message is probably due to a
feed that think that it needs authentication using an X509Anchor in
the Keychain. I would probably open the Keychain application and run a
check and repair on your keychains twice (there has been reports that
the second time is necessary for some actions to happen). If that
doesn't bring anything, I would have a look at the X509Anchors in the
keychain to see if they all have valid dates, and after a backup of
the keychain, deleting the ones that are expired.

If this doesn't bring you anywhere, I would go through your feeds and
try to isolate the culprit, backing up your bookmarks first.

I hope that at least one of these two things will help. I could be a
lot more specific in the actual actions, so do let us know if I am too
superficial in my description of what I would do.

Best,

Kim