[Ti] Titanium 400Mhz Optical Drive

Simon Royal mail at simonroyal.co.uk
Sat Feb 10 14:16:33 PST 2007

Hi

I just bought a PowerBook G4 Titanium 400Mhz from eBay. It all works fine,
but the DVD drive is temperamental.

The casing above the optical drive slot is cracked which means the casing
is pushing down on the drive and has bent the chassis of the optical drive.
It makes a scraping sound as it spins. I have managed to unbend it, but I
think it is a temporary measure until it does it again. I need to find a
new top casing for it.

I want to upgrade the standard DVD-ROM drive with a superdrive or
compatible drive.

I checked Xlr8yourmac, and while their drive compatibility database lists
drives that work in Titaniums, they don't narrow it down further.

Anyone know or have a replacement drive or any help?

Simon

--- www.simonroyal.co.uk - The box said requires Windows 2000 or better, so
I bought an Apple Mac. There are only 10 kinds of people in this world,
those who understand binary and those who don't