[Ti] Problems installing Tiger on Powerbook G4

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Sat Feb 17 00:55:56 PST 2007

On 17 Feb 2007, at 00:22, Terence Cozad wrote:

> . If you only have 2.4 GB left and did not clean off the HD there
> will not be enough room left for Tiger.

I am inclined to think - as Terence suggests -  that it is just a
space issue.
You need 3Gb free to install, it is recommended that you always have
10% of your hard disk free anyway.
Activity Monitor might show you how much hard disk is being used for
virtual memory.
It can be 3 to 6 Gb.
So 2.4 Gb free is probably not enough.

If you have an external hard disk, I would copy any important stuff
to it using Carbon Copy Cloner or similar, then low-level format your
internal hard disk and start the Tiger install from there.

In my view, ALWAYS best to start with a clean disk, if you get a
machine from elsewhere.

keep us posted on your progress.....

regards,  Trevor