[Ti] PBook making strange noise

Jean-Paul Thuot fearsome.orange at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 22:34:26 PST 2007

Hello list,

I have a 1Ghz PBook, updated to 10.4.8, 768mb RAM.  Recently, I've
begun noticing a very quite noise, like a small beeping or something,
coming from inside.  What it sounds like to me is that something is
processing (a sound like tiny gears running, I know that sounds
silly), followed by a small beep.

I only really hear it when I put my ear to the keyboard, but it's
noticeable and I'm hoping it doesn't mean something is about to fail
on me.

I have SpeedTools, and have run all the tests offered and everything
comes up fine.

Can anyone suggest anything else I might do?

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Paul