[Ti] [OT?] Macworld keynote

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Wed Jan 10 05:53:51 PST 2007

On 10 Jan 2007, at 13:47, Tom Miller wrote:

> so he could devote the appropriate time to the revolutionary iPhone.
>
> I have to assume that there are software and hardware updates that
> will be announced after the iPhone excitement has been allowed to
> subside a little.

Tom - I also think that it is pretty likely that computer (hardware
and software) announcements will come later, to maintain the wave
created by the iPhone introduction.
10.4.9 is in the pipeline, so we hear.  We know 10.5 is coming.

- I was surprised that no mention was made, as far as I recall, of
any VoIP capability for the iPhone.  Will Skype work ?  Skype to Skype?
   How about iChat ?  Instant messaging over the internet rather than
SMS over the paid network?  The demo of SMS seemed to have the same
syntax/GUI as the messaging in iChat.

- since CISCO launched THEIR iPhone some weeks ago - and seem to have
rights to the name - I was indeed surprised to find that Apple have a
product with the name iPhone.
Do they have a name-sharing agreement, or what ?  Maybe some of the
legal guys on the list have a view?

I must say I was very impressed (otherwise) with the iPhone.  i think
their statement of reinventing the phone is very apt.  Even the very
best current phone fades in to insignificance.
I just wish it was going to be available in Europe a bit sooner than
the end of the year.  I shall just have to keep my 6130i limping
along until then...

regards,  Trevor