[Ti] OT: iPhone - shock ?

Arjan Bos arjan.bos at hetnet.nl
Wed Jan 10 10:30:10 PST 2007

On 19 dec 2006, at 11:49, Dr. Trevor J. Hutley wrote:

> Should I have been so shocked when I read this?
> 					Linksys®, a Division of Cisco Systems, Inc.,
> 					and the recognized leading global manufacturer of voice,
> wireless, and networking hardware
> 					for home, Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) and small business
> user, today unveiled its
> 	 iPhone (R)
> 					family of Voice over IP (VoIP) solutions.
>

> I suppose I was expecting that such a product might have come from
> Apple, soon.
> iPhone.org re-directs the traffic to Apple, but it seems that CISCO
> have registered the iPhone trademark.
> Everyday, another surprise....

Indeed, and what a suprise it was! iPhone running OS X and not Mac OS
X, Apple Inc, instead of Apple Computer. No iLife / iWork / iMac /
iScreen announcements. Does this mean that we have to look for
another favorite TiBook maker instead?

---
It was funny how people were people everywhere you went, even if the
people concerned weren't the people the people who made up the phrase
"people are people everywhere" had traditionally thought of as
people. And even if you weren't virtuous, as you had been brought up
to understand the term, you did like to see virtue in other people,
provided it didn't cost you anything.

-- (Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant)