[Ti] [OT?] Macworld keynote

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Wed Jan 10 12:37:44 PST 2007

 From: Shawn King <shawn at yourmaclife.com>
> Subject: Re: [Ti] [OT?] Macworld keynote

> On 1/10/07 8:00 AM, "Scott Smith" <ScottinMA at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> Also would be helpful
>> to know whether it will work on a Verizon network.
>
> It will not. Cingular only - at least for the time being.

Since it is a SIM based GSM phone, it will not work with a CDMA service
provider, anywhere.  Only GSM.  And it can work with other GSM
providers...it will either come unlocked or you can have it unlocked...but
since you have to have a 2 year contract to get it, you probably would not
do that in the states.   If you have a home in another country as well, like
I do, then being able to insert the other SIM for my other GSM provider
there is important. I was told that it could ship unlocked, but if not,
under recent US law, Cingular has to provide you a way to unlock it.