[Ti] Creating a CD Copy of E-mail

Scott Strehlow strehlow at usermail.com
Wed Jan 10 20:16:48 PST 2007

Hi John,

On Jan 10, 2007, at 9:41 PM, John Sparks wrote:
> Question: I would like to make a CD copy of my e-mail on it.
> What do I need to know to copy my In-box and be able to read it
> when I replace my desk-top CPU. Thanks to one & all.

Based on the headers in your message, you are using the Apple Mail.app,
right?  If so, I think you just need to copy the /Users/<your
username>/Library/Mail folder to the CD, then copy that onto the new
machine.  I'm not sure if that will get all of your settings, but I
think it will.  All of your mail folders are in this path.  You should
be able to do this with Finder as permissions are not so critical.  If
it doesn't work, run a "fix permissions" on it and try again.

Please note that I have not actually had to do this, but it should work.